Thursday, May 18, 2017

Welcome New Trip Leader - D.C.


Hey friends! My name is D.C. and I grew up in Boise, Idaho. I unfortunately did not grow up on a potato farm, but happen to love most forms of potatoes. I am looking forward to cycling the summer away with all of you. One of my favorite ways to explore a new area is by bike and I can’t wait to see where our adventures will take us. My travels have taken me several places both internationally and within the States, but I think the most impactful has to have been when I walked the Camino (500+ mile trek) in Spain. It was a great opportunity to meet people from around the world and challenge myself. Over the past two years I have spent most of my time working as an outdoor environmental educator in the Catskill Mountains. Prior to this, I have been both a summer camp counselor as well as a day camp and adventure camp director in Washington and Idaho. Besides biking, I can often be found frolicking in the woods, weeding a garden, wandering about on my unicycle, or trying out a new recipe in the kitchen. I look forward to a challenging but rewarding summer with all of you!