Friday, June 27, 2014

Meet Our Leaders: Josh Hawthorne-Madell

Hey, Teen Trekkers!  I'm Josh, from Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY, and I'm ready to explore the country with all of you.  I used to be a Trekker myself, and I'm excited to show you why I had to come back for more.  I've always had fun bike touring.  Every time, biking introduced me to new challenges, new people, and beautiful scenery.


A little about me: I love hiking, camping, biking, meeting new people, and reading; and I like eating ice cream, swimming, writing poetry, and playing frisbee, soccer, wiffle ball, and video games (playing any game, really). Other than the meaning of life, I usually like thinking about artificial intelligence and evolvable robots, as I'm currently working on my cognitive science degree at Vassar College.


I've had great times counseling at a nature camp and helping manage youth sports, but I'm confident that these trips are going to be much more fun.  I can't wait to get on the road!