Saturday, July 6, 2013

European Phantom Bikes to Salisbury and Stonehenge by Jordan

At Salisbury Cathedral
Hey! I'm writing this from a hostel in Salisbury.
Everyone is tired after a fun day of biking and Stonehenge.
Let me start from the beginning.
Pre- trip I was worried about the intense physical exertion that comes with a full day of cycling.
What I have learned four days in is that biking is REALLY tough. I consider myself a pretty solid athlete, but I have never been so sore and exhausted in my life. Despite the fatigue (which I know will go away with more practice), I am really enjoying the trip. Beautiful sights, beautiful people (Oscar), and very responsible counselors. I have never eaten so well in my life and the other kids are nice and just as driven to bike as me.
Shoutouts to New York- Mom, Dad, Hailey, and Jess, hope everyone is keeping it real in Emont. Ill be back home soon jacked, self-reliant, and with a full beard.

- Jordan