Thursday, June 2, 2016

Welcome New Trip Leader: EVAN



Hello Teen Trekkers!  I’m Evan from Buffalo, NY.  I’m excited to get on the road with a great group of other people who share my passion for bike adventuring! Biking is my favorite- when I moved to Brooklyn for a year my bike helped introduced me to the fast-paced, diverse environment of New York City. I love nature and being outdoors, swimming, dancing, playing musical instruments, photography, film making, drawing, cooking, writing in dream journals and working with animals (and of course, people!).  I’ve traveled to Greece, the Czech Republic, Austria, Mexico, Germany, Canada and all across the United States. I’ve worked with kids of all ages, doing art and violin lessons.  I most recently taught through the Buffalo String Works, a non-profit organization for refugees in Buffalo. I can’t wait to start my trip and be fully immersed in the outdoors in the heart of the summer! I love the feeling of riding on a bike because it’s almost like having your own horse J and it enables you to get the best view of your surroundings, especially in the sun! I live to see new places passing by while on a bike- it feels like you’re on top of the world, gives you a new perspective, and keeps you’re body healthy and moving.  Let’s do it!