Friday, April 27, 2012

Say Hi to Jake!


Hello fellow trekkers and travelers! I’m Jake from Buffalo, NY. I’m counting down the days to meet the rest of Team Teen Treks 2012, and find out who will be joining me for the most excellent adventure! I just returned from a memorable cross country camping trip (my first), and can’t wait to explore more places! My girlfriend and I camped in places like Yellowstone, The Badlands, and Death Valley. I saw my first cave, climbed a Colorado mountain, and swam in each of the Great Lakes and both Oceans! I am lucky to have such an awesome job, enroot to finishing my degree in education at Buffalo State College. I also skateboard, play basketball, softball, Frisbee, board-games, mountain-bike, and have ice cream & animated movie nights! In the past I’ve been a camp counselor, playground attendant, coach and instructor, interned at a nature preserve, spent 6 years in a bike shop and recently worked in a program teaching bicycle safety and DIY maintenance. Riding my bike gives me a sense of freedom and independence. I look forward to meeting you!