Thursday, June 23, 2011

Welcome Laura!

Hey Teen Trekers!

My name is Laura. I’m from Buffalo, NY and I love my bicycle! My other passions include painting, drawing, swimming, running, photography, music, sewing, chocolate and coffee. I’ve been a lifeguard and taught swim lessons for the past five years. I recently got a degree in Architecture from the University at Buffalo and will be heading to Boston in the fall to start my Masters of Architecture at MIT.

I love to travel; I love the independence and freedom of taking off on my bicycle for a new adventure, and I love all of the new people to meet and new perspectives to be gained from traveling. I studied abroad last summer in Barcelona, Spain and got to explore all of the awesome architecture over there. I was also able to check out Paris, Amsterdam, and got to see Spain win the World Cup in Madrid! This summer I’m excited to explore roads a little closer to home.

We’ve just finished a week of Leadership Training packed full of bike mechanics, camping, laughing, and delicious cooking. I got to meet and hang out with a really awesome group of Leaders. I’m looking forward to two stellar trips that I’ll be leading with Chris this summer-around Lake Ontario and from NY to Montreal. I look forward to meeting all of you Trekers!