Monday, May 2, 2016

Welcome New Trip Leader - MARY


Hello fellow biking enthusiasts and adventurers! My name is Mary and I am originally from Cheshire, Massachusetts but I have been living in Burlington, Vermont for the past four years attending the University of Vermont. I am so incredibly excited to be leading bike trips this summer.  I love biking around seeing new places while on two wheels.  There is nothing better than getting to the top of a really big hill to see what you accomplished and seeing the world from a new prospective.  When I'm not biking I really enjoy hiking, and kayaking.  For the past three summers I lead kayaking excursions all around Lake Champlain and now I cannot wait to explore on a bike!  I've been to Lima, Peru and to St. Lucia and traveling around has given me the travel bug and I am stoked to travel while in the saddle.  I also really enjoy cooking.  It is a way that I enjoy being creative and explore new flavors.  My friends and I even have our own Chopped competitions.  I love being goofy  fooling around and telling super corny jokes.  I have volunteered as a mentor for the non-profit called DREAM and I got to hang out with really awesome teens promoting emotional well being, guidance, and most importantly fun.  Once again I am beyond stoked to be a biking leader with Teen Treks and I can't wait to burn some rubber!