Thursday, April 24, 2014

Meet Our Leaders: Cecilia Quillin

Cecilia is ready for all those on-the-road surprises!
Hey there!

I’m Cecelia from the great Mitten State, Michigan!  I’m beyond excited for our upcoming adventure together! I co-led an AWESOME group of teens last year on the Maine Coast trek and loved every minute. So I'm beyond excited to be back for round two!

After riding my bicycle across the country with Bike & Build in 2011, I knew one day I would love to lead a cycling journey myself. Traveling by bicycle is something special; a sense of aliveness you just don’t feel through other modes of transportation (exception: piggy-back!).

Laughter, hiking, creating, kittens & pups, camping, ice cream, weaving, good tunes, yoga, being spontaneous--I love it all!

A young person’s imagination and creativity is enlivening, I enjoy being around that energy. I have worked with teens in schools and after-school programs, and also assisted youth at many different non-profits throughout the country.

Anyways, enough about me, I’m ready to meet YOU! The road is awaitin’ us!